Instagram


Instagram

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Finch-Spawn Ink Practice.

 This is my little invention, a tiny cup within a cup, used for inking.
I drilled two holes on a twist off lid of a dollar store container.
The smaller cup is a hairspray lid cover, two sizes fitted together,
so it is removable for cleaning. The larger container is for water.
The brush or nib is not over saturated using this method, keeping
a lighter touch when "loading" the brush.
 Brush stroke practices, line variation and control.
Inking is always something I enjoy doing, but I've only
inked my own work. I thought I would try an experiment,
inking another artist's pencils.
I chose Spawn drawn by Dave Finch,
who has a very organic line work that I can work with.

I started with the cape and hand.


Surprisingly, I can work faster on someone else s finished pencils.
The guess work is left out for the most part.


 I should be able to finish this in one sitting.
So far so good, figure is done.
I will post the finished page soon as it is done.

Thanks for visiting.
GarSeeYa!

And finished at 8PM.
Nice practice.
GGG.

No comments: